Fine Scale Warship Modeling
Meet the Artist
Click photos to enlarge. Back button to return.
- At no additional charge, each model comes mounted on a fine wood base covered with a nearly
industructable 1/8" thick acrylic plastic case. This is a necessity of shipping and has a value of between
$100 and $300 depending on the size of the model.
- No option is available for purchasing models without base and case since the cost of packaging
for shipping would, in most cases, exceed the cost of the base and acrylic case.
- Brass plaques are also included that identify the ship and the dates for which it is modeled.
- All visible base and case hardware is attractive polished brass.
- You may choose anything between a clear natural or a dark finish for your base. The bases shown below
are both of Red Oak, varnished only on the left and oak stained and varnished on the right. Unless you
request otherwise we will select a wood and finish that compliments the colors in your model.
- Custom made bases are available on request and are quoted separately.
The model is mounted to its base by two simple standard size bolts inserted
through the bottom of the base. Instructions are included that explain the mounting system in
the event that you may someday wish to mount the ship in some alternative manner.
Photos of more alternative base styles.